Monday, June 22, 2009

Mom's Birthday card

Last week was not only special because of father’s day but it was also my mom’s birthday. This card was made for her.

The inside


Cricut: Storybook
Cuttlebug: Bird& Swirls embossing folder
MarthaStewart: Edge Punch
K&Company: Amybutler Designer Paper
Versacolor: brown ink
Colorbox: Dark Moss chalk ink

Again I used a Gina K tutorial over at stamp TV
http://stamptv.ning.com/video/embossed-foil-1
This one is embossing regular old tinfoil. Its really simple just substitute tinfoil for paper in your embossing folder.

I also “tried” to do a regular blanket stitch but it didn’t work out too good for me. So I did it a little different. First I taped down the foil and made all the holes with my ruler and paper piercer. The holes were directly across each other around the border, one on the paper around the edge of the foil and the other 1cm in on the foil. Next I made the straight stitches. Then stitched around the border. It worked for me.



2 comments:

Tanya said...

Hello,

I have been trying to leave you a message since Early June. Firefox wouldnt let me. Anyhow, I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award!! Go to my blog to find out more about it. You will have to scroll down to the bottom to see it. Sorry for the delay.

suzARTe said...

This project is lovely. The embossing looks fantastic