Wednesday, June 24, 2009

a BEAUTIFUL layout


I mother-in-law lives in California and came down to visit with the kids last month. Her hobby is photography and she took really good pictures of the kids in our backyard. So I decided to use this one of my daughter for the sketchy Thursday challenge. Check it out over at designbydiana
Here's the sketch

Basicgrey: Sweetie line, Blush (Designer Paper)
Cricut: Storybook (letters & branches)
Hero Arts: Wood grain pattern
Fancy Pants Design: flower stamp
Autumn leaves: journaling Stamp
Memento Ink: Rich cocoa & Desert Sand
VersaColor Ink: Pinecone
Copic Markers

I love this Basicgray paper for a background I must have brought every color they made. I wanted to darken the edges for this layout so I just used a little VersaColor around the sides.
Another thing I used that I love is this Hero Arts stamp. This one really looks like wood and it has a distress look so it was perfect for this layout.
The letters and the letter accents were cut out of white paper and then had Copic E25 (Caribe Cocoa) ran around the edges. After that I colored on the shapes around the edges with E21 (Baby Skin Pink).

4 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

Thanks for playing, this is SO pretty! I love how you did the flowers!!

heidi said...

Oh, my goodness this is absolutely beautiful!!

Brenda said...

WOW this is soooo BEAUTIFUL!!!
hugs
Brenda

suzARTe said...

such a pretty, delicate LO. Great version of the sketch