Thursday, May 14, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY


When I asked my oldest niece what she wanted for her birthday this year (she turns 14 today) she said she wanted pens and for me to make her a notebook. No one has ever asked me to make them something. She made me feel so good. I love her. Anyways, this is what I came up with I think it fits her and I hope she likes it.



I thought this paper was so perfect. It's american craft and the line is called "TEEN"
Zebra ribbon and gems are from wal-mart.
Used cricut for the turtle (walk in my garden) and Saying (wild card)
journaling block stamp autumn leaves
pens are galze and gelly roll clear star by sakura

For the giant circle I traced around a mixing bowl on black paper, cut it out, glued it to pink paper and when the glued dried I cut the pink paper with decorative edge scissors fallowing the black edge.
If you need help decorating a composition book, I did an instruction on this blog. Look up "Altered Composition Books" on the side bar :)
This is the inside cover..............



We took a picture together earlier this month. SORRY blocked it out, It's cute though.
For the picture I had an old 4x6 picture album that broke so I trimmed off the end that attached to the album. Taped the pic. to paper, and slipped it in the holder. I taped the paper to the inside of the holder just so it wouldn't fall out.
Paper is american craft
ribbon and gems wal-mart
Stamps is autumn leaves (heat embossed)
Pens are glaze and souffte by sakura

For the date I stamped the letters and numbers with my PC stamper with black ink, cut out each one, stamped each piece with light brown chalk ink and inked the edges with dark brown and black. It gave it a weathered look.

This is the notebook I made with my zutter. I love that thing.Letters are cut with the cricut (alphalicious)

No comments: