Saturday, May 16, 2009

Flower notebook

Over at Paper craft Planet the BIA/Zutter group had a “flower challenge”. You had to make a creation in a flower shape using your BIT.

Cricut: Flower “storybook”, leafs and bee “walk in my garden”
BazzillBasicsPaper: Formal Flourish In Stitchz Templates
Zutter: Bind it all and O-wire

I added the bee as like a book marker. Just cut out bee & embellishments then did the same thing with the flip button on. Tied rick-rack to the wire and glued the bees together with the ribbon in the middle.

For the leafs I wanted it to look 3Dish (is that a word?). So I cut out the leafs with shadow and then overlap and glued the ends.

When I first saw these BBP flourishes I had to have them. I mostly just use the ends as you can see above. Go check these out they add a nice touch to any project.



TIP: You use this with a paper pierce and self healing mat. After poking the holes it gets kind of confusing with dot everywhere. What I like to do is pierce from the back then connect the dots with a pencil so I know where to put my stitches.

No comments: