Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Band-aid "Get Better" card


I saw the band-aid card when going through my “stash” and an idea popped in my head, so I had to try it out.
Cricut: Wild card (band-aid & saying), George (hearts)
Ink: Versacolor (sand beige)


There is no panel cut for the inside of the card, so for the white inside “writing” panel, I traced the base shape (closed, facing up) on the right side of my paper and just eyeballed about 1cm inside the shape and cut. It’s not perfect but it comes out looking good. Hay its hand made :)


Tip: Sometimes the overlay for the card bunches at the top and gives some resistance when opening the card, because of the crease. To make opening the card smoother I cut the top overlay were the crease would be, then glue it to the base cut. Make sure you use good heavy cardstock for the base.



No comments: