Monday, May 11, 2009

The Frame




MDF frame
American Craft paper flowers
Heidi Grace Designs double sided pattern paper
Costco dragonfly stamp
Fancy Pants design background stamps
Stazon ink
Sakura Glaze pen
Fiskars edge punch
Hero Arts pearls
Wal-mart paint, gems, & buttons
Inkssentials Glossy accents
Plaid Royal Coat Decoupage Finnish

My mom and I took this picture earlier this month and thought it would make a good mothers day gift. I got the frame from my LSS for around two dollars and dressed it up. For me, I like to cover the whole paper base with Royal coat. It adds a little shine to it and makes it more durable. So I Royal coated the paper to the frame, added the edge punch with a paper strip from the other side of the paper I used on the frame (with a tape runner), stamped, painted, and added the Saying that I got at http://www.quotegarden.com/I can never think of the right words thank-you Quote Garden. I then put down a layer of the royal coat over all that. I added a little something to every flower with a little glue. The ones with paper centers are ones I cut out from Another Heidi grace designs paper that coordinates with the one I used for the frame (The line is called Reagan’s Closet). I added Glossy Accents just to give it a little something something. For the dragonfly I just stamped it twice, cut both out and glued it down the center. Totally stole the idea from creating keepsakes may 2009 issue. Can’t remember what brand the stamps are but I got them in a set at Costco. If anyone knows please let me know. Used 3D tape for some of the flowers just to add depth. Used my glaze pen to put false stitches around picture hole. I love my glaze pens. Added my picture and that’s it.

No comments: