Thursday, July 24, 2014

CHRISTMAS IN JULY hop

 No you're not seeing things.  It is the the middle of summer but we're ready to get you into the Christmas spirit.  I mean there really isn't too soon of a time to be ready for the BIG day right!
The inspiration crew is back for another holiday hop!
Come hop along with us for awesome holiday inspiration and prizes scattered along the way.
Darnell Knauss

 Here's what I have for you all.
Every holiday season I bake a little love (sometimes a lot of love) to share with friends and families.  To tell you the truth I'm not a regular everyday baker but there's something about the winter season that makes me want to warm up my oven and whip out the flour.  I think the main drive to this sudden surge is that I want to wrap all the yummy goodies up in pretty paper.

Everyone loves home baked goodies but put them in custom homemade containers and they're out of this world.  So today I'm sharing simple, cheap and adorable ways to wrap up your holiday bake goods.

This one is for your individual treats.
The bad is a regular ziplock bag with the corners taped in.  The cinnabun roll sits on a piece of freezer paper folded up nicely.  Add pretty paper to the top, wrap around string and stamp out and cut a circle tag.  You're done!

These are for your super small goodies.
You can get these small circle containers in bulk for cheap at your local hobby store.  They usually come with a clear cover but I just popped that out and added a stamped circle pattern paper and tied around some string.

Your really big ones.
For all your big treats or to bag up a bunch of yummy goodies, you can use my favorite.  A brown paper lunch bag.  I love these brown paper bags.  They are so cheap, comes in bulk and easily customizable.  Here I just folded the top over and added a cool tag and string.

The sack.
 Now here's how to give a treat.  This is a plain mini canvas drawstring bag.  Like the circle box you can find these at your local craft store.  To jazz it up all you have to do is insert  piece of paper in the bag and stamp.  I also stamped little peppermint circles and glued them to the pulls.  Oh and don't forget the tag.

Usually if I'm feeling ambitious I would make something for all these containers and group them together in a nice little basket.  Just imagine how pretty these would look all together in a cozy basket.  Adorable!  What is even better is that I just used half of two sheets of pattern paper, one type of string and one stamp set to make them all.  Cheap and easy and filled with love!
 I'm telling you now.  Pin this post now to use in December.
 Now go get inspired and hopping.  Your next stop is the sweet Jen Cuthbertson.

post signature

19 comments:

Sammy said...

LOVE what you did with the drawstring bag! The whole collection looks scrummy though! x

Lynn K said...

ADORABLE Holiday projects! Everything looks yummy!

Amy C. said...

I love your gift packaging ideas! This is main crafting outlet...baking/pretty packaging! Thanks for the fun ideas.

Iris said...

Cute gift packaging.

Darnell said...

What an inspiration you are with all these sweet packaging ideas, Lalo!! Thank you so much! I am definitely bookmarking this post! Hugs, Darnell

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful gift wrap ideas!

Shelly said...

Ack! These are sooo sweet, Lalo!!! Love!

Karen Petitt said...

Love, love, love your wonderful idea! I too love to bake around Christmas time and had never thought of doing this! Also love your embellished paper clips below - what a fab idea! Thank you for the inspiration Karen x

Life and Knits said...

Yummy!!! Awesome projects!!

Susie

Sheila H said...

Love your fun packaging!

Pat said...

What wonderful ideas for presenting edible gifts. How pretty it makes them look. x

Leanne said...

Everything looks so cute!

Denise Bryant said...

Great presentation ideas for those yummy treats! I do my annual baking spree (4 or 5 kinds of cookies) for the holidays also, and rarely bake any other time!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute ideas here...thanks for sharing!

Yolanda said...

Adorable ideas!

cm said...

These delightful packages are gifts in and of themselves! WOW, Lalo - super creative, festive and fabulous! That cinnamon bun has totally caught my attention: is that home-made, because if so, please, please, please may I have the recipe? They look scrumptious! (cmayne@shaw.ca)
So glad I stopped by; plenty of wonderfulness to be had here!
~c

cm said...

These delightful packages are gifts in and of themselves! WOW, Lalo - super creative, festive and fabulous! That cinnamon bun has totally caught my attention: is that home-made, because if so, please, please, please may I have the recipe? They look scrumptious! (cmayne@shaw.ca)
So glad I stopped by; plenty of wonderfulness to be had here!
~c

Donna B. said...

Love your treat containers and tags! So festive and fun. It's never to early to start getting ready!!

Rachel said...

i love these great treat containers! i think packaging cookies is my favorite part of the holidays!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com