Monday, June 30, 2014

AEIHeartU Golds and Watercolors

 I'm feeling extra trendy with this card.  Something my fashion lacks big time but that's another story.
 I started by thinking of gold "yummy", then embossing gold "ooh", then watercolors "ahh"!
Loving the combination of the soft watercolors with the earthy golds.
I saw Avery Elle's AEIHeartU challenge #10 and I had to play.  GOLD it's everywhere and oh so pretty!
 One would think it comes in just one shade, but not on this card.  I used a gold embossing for the top image that gives off a more earthy darker hue.  Then stamped the sentiment and tiny leaves in a softer more yellow gold.  Both different but both lovely!
 (All stamps from Avery Elle, Gold ink Brilliance in "Galaxy Gold", Gold embossing powder is a generic from the craft store, Watercolors from Crayola)
post signature

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty. Love the ombré look!

SD pooja said...

Beautiful,I loved the watercolor n gold combo !

donna mikasa said...

Love the pastels mixed with gold--so very trendy, indeed! Thanks for playing along with Avery Elle!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgoues graduation in color with the watercolors nad of course I love the gold!

Lynn K said...

So pretty! LOVE the gold and the watercolor effect!

Katie Gehring said...

Gorgeous! I love the watercolor and the gold! Thank you so much for playing along with the AEI{heart}U Challenge!!