Friday, January 31, 2014

2014

 Hello 2014!
I know I've been MIA from my little blog world and all my blog friends.  Miss you all big time!  For those of you who just like looking at my crafts go along and scroll pass this part.  I don't mind I love that people just like to look at what I do.  But for those who want to know about where I've been then stick around for the read.

Last year did not end how it started.  My man went from working way too hard and too much to not at all because he was injured on the job.  I went from being a 24 hours stay at home mom to a still 24 hours mom but with a part time job.  We have less money now but way more time together.  To be honest I would rather be with my man and our little family then without him all the time and spending money on unnecessary extra things.  The job I got is turning out to be amazing.  I work at my children's school socializing with parents and making crafts.  All my children are still participating in their after school activities and are just as happy and close as before.  I've always been a go with the flow kind of person so even thou we are treading through troubled waters we're still breathing and swimming.  Our goals for the future have changed but we're still together, still happy, still healthy and I don't have a problem with that one bit.

 So in celebration of us still being together and happy as always here's my first layout of 2014.
I've finally settled into my job (and the extremely different schedule that comes with it) so crafting and blogging time are back on the schedule...YAH!
Today starts the Chinese new year and this year is year of the horse.  The horse is strong, fast and carefree so that's what I look forward to this year.  I had to get a little horse in my layout somewhere and Dear Lizzy's "Lucky Charm" collection had the perfect little horse accented paper.
I just ran with the Dear Lizzy collection for this page.  But had to add my favorite burlap string from May Arts Ribbon.  I think the loose loops gives it a fun carefree feel.
So so so grateful to still be crafting and sharing with all of you.
post signature

11 comments:

Donna B. said...

Love this! My life got turned upside down too and now that I actually have a place and time to craft again - it's awesome!! I think 2014 is going to be the best year ever for you and me and hopefully everyone!!!

Virginia L. said...

Hello, Lalo! You have been missed! However, I am glad that you have found a new schedule and things are looking good at home front. Family comes first! I hope you get time to continue to share your awesomeness in the blog and enjoy your growing family! All the best wishes for you in 2014!

Unknown said...

Been thinking of you, glad you are all well! Hope your man is healing well and you all still get to spend loads of time together! Gorgeous layout btw!

Shelly said...

Love your layout, Lalo! And I'm glad to hear you and your family are happy and healthy. :) I think we all go through our ups and downs in life, though family is what holds us together. Stay strong...and embrace the horse! ;) Hugs!

Lyndal said...

Fabulous to hear and see you are back on your crafting feet :) Hope this year is FANTASTIC for you & your family!!!

RiNNE said...

So sorry your fam is going through a hard time! Glad you are looking at the positive side of it and that you get to craft! Hooray for a job that's fun too!! Lovely page. I do adore that burlap string. I'm on my phone though and can't find the horse! Happy New Year!

Lynnda said...

I've been thinking of you too... as long as you back and everything is well with family... I am happy for you... don't worry us... as we still love you and all your creations... hugs...x

Unknown said...

Lalo your kind spirit through troubled times is so inspirational and it's so good to see you back in bogland. I've adored your work and look forward to seeing more!

Chrissy said...

I'm glad things are going smoothly even if it is a slightly more rocky road than before. All you can do is roll and flow right? ;) Your page is adorable and cheers to the year of the horse! (I was born in the year of the horse so there's a slight bias there.) I hope the rest of your year continues to be as calm as possible and if not, like Hawaiian Style Band says, "feel the rhythm of the ocean." <3 \m/

Iris said...

Glad you're back. I was wondering where you went and hoping you were OK. Glad to hear that you and your family are in good health and are surviving your financial woes. Hope things get better for you. You layout is cute.
isoscia at aol dot com

Karenladd said...

So glad to see you back on the blog again and happy to hear that things are working out. I do hope your hubby wasn't injured too badly but I'm sure it was a very worrisome time. LOVE your layout and sending you wishes for a wonderful 2014. Hugs!