So who wouldn't want the opportunity to play with some awesome ribbon?
I don't know, because I would dive into a pool of delicious ribbon...and probably get tangled in it but anyways...
I had to give it a go and try out to be a May Arts "Ribbonista". Even the name sounds too cool!
Here's my project ribbon trio
It's a gift set earrings and necklace complete with gift bag and card
Want to know how to make an earring out of ribbon?
It's super easy peasy and I'm showing you how...
Here's the tools you'll need
Crop-a-dile, scissors,two jewelry pliers (Having these makes it easier)
The goods you need
eyelets, jump rings, stickers, Fabulous ribbon (yes it must be fabulous), and either earring fastenings or chain for necklace or both.
Making an earring
1. Cut your ribbon in a fish tail on the bottom. Then fold the top over at least a half an inch.
The length all depends on how long you want it.
2. Use your Crop-A-Dile and punch a 1/8 hole in the middle of the side you folded over.
Note that you will be punching through two layers of ribbon.
(sorry ladies but a hole punch will not do)
3. Add an eyelet. Here is what the back should look like. See how the eyelets is in the center.
4. Now your going to open up your jump ring.
You can do this by hand but it's much easier with two jewelry pliers.
5. Next you have to add your fastening and ribbon to the jump ring and close the jump ring.
To do this you just have to make it back into a ring.
If you were making the necklace you just attach the jump ring to the chain (see bottom)
6. Last thing is to embellish.
For this set I just used some of my scrapbook stickers and alphas with some strong glue.
Lastly give it to someone special!
Here's a picture of the my little girl all decked out in ribbon jewelry.
Okay that's it. Hopefully it's "Ribbonista" worthy!