Monday, April 9, 2012

Shabby Chic? and a DIY embellishment

 One style I admire and badly wish I could master is Shabby Chic.
No matter how I have tried in the past I find myself with a mess.  But being the hard head that I am I had to give it another go and I actually like how it turned out this time.

 Thought this big "Cabbage Rose Flower" needed it's own showcasing.  It's super awesome and super easy to make.  It's a DIY flower and I'm linking this up to the 
in the 


That's right...I made that...and you can too.
All it is s a silicone mold that I picked up from Mold Muse  (find a link to the Etsy shop HERE).  It's totally worth it to pick one up because there's no telling how many flowers you can get out of this one mold.  

Short tutorial on how it works
I used Hearty air dry modeling clay in white.  Pushed the clay in the mold, little at a time and then let it dry in the mold over night.  The next day gently let it fall out of the mold by squishing the sides of the mold.  It should slip right out.  I would let it set for another day just to let it firm up.  Then dust with perfect pearls to give it a little color and shine.

3 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

This gorgeous Lalo~ I've always wanted to do work with this type of clay but never gave myself the chance to even try it out yet.....
love yours though - so pretty...

Lynnda said...

WOW WOW WOW... did you make that bloom?? Its a beautiful card Lalo... I love the design too....Awesome... Hugs...xoxo

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lalo! Thanks for linking this up to the DIY Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)