Monday, January 23, 2012

A black and white paper trimmer chevron

It's a black & white day
(with absolutely NO color at all)
check it...
This cards for:
CAS-ual Fridays
Penguin Suit

and the
Cutting and Trimming challenge in the
Moxie Fab World
You like chevrons? (shaking head yes). Don't have that stamp or pattern paper? (shaking head yes with a sad face). Don't be sad because here's a little how to using just the basic scrapers tools i.e. cardstock and a paper trimmer

1. Use a paper trimmer to cut strips of 1/4 inch
(I'm using black & white but you can use any amount of colors you like)
2. Take two scrap square pieces of paper the same size and cover it good with adhesive. This is your base.
(I ran it through your xyron sticker maker)
3. Then add one of the 1/4 inch strips from one corner of the base to the other diagonal. and keep adding till you fill the square.
(I lined up my two scraps pieces to save time)4. Cut the over hang off the square from the back of the base. Now you have two lined squares.
5. Next you want to make strips of the base. BUT wait, you have to make sure you have them facing different ways so line them up like in the picture below. These are your two groups.
6. Now cut the two groups into 1/2 inch strips.
7. It's time to get your chevron on!!! Make the pattern by alternating and adhering the two base groups and lining them up like so...And there you go, BAM...chevron pattern!!!
Here's a link to the studio Calico blog were Jennifer Mcguire has a youtube video on how to do this too.
For this card I cut the letters out (using the multi cut function on my cricut). Make sure you leave enough room between letters. Then I used my paper trimmer again cut boxes around the letters.

6 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

TFS Lalo~
What a great tip, this is really pretty and quite simple I think I can comprehand with this. LOL!...
BTW , the card below is just adorable... cute image....
Have a great evening~

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so awesome..

Fiona said...

Fab card, well done on creating your own chevrons.

jessica said...

I think this is one of my favorites!! Love the black and white!

RiNNE said...

I loooooooooooooovvvve chevrons!!! Fantastic tip!! And your card is stunning!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lalo! Thanks for linking this up to the Cutting & Trimming Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)