Friday, September 30, 2011

First Christmas card of 2011

YUP! I can believe it myself but Christmas is creeping up on us and soon it will be at our door steps with gifts galore and decorations a plenty.
So when I saw this weeks Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger I was instantly inspired by the totally fab-y-ness of the delightfully random photo. And thought it was the perfect inspiration needed to kick start my holiday cards.

Paper Punch: Martha Steward, Embossing folder: Cuttlebug, Paint: Delta "Tahiti Blue", Sticker: SRM, Paper flower: Prima, Pin: Making memories, Floss: Janlynn

When I first saw the photo I knew I had to have a gingham flower, and thanks to my local fabric mart I had the perfect embellishment. The next thing that caught my eyes was the scuffed up painted background (so vintage chick) so I had to replicate it. I used kraft cardstock at first but found it fell apart after I painted then sanded it. So I used a piece of chipboard instead and it worked perfect!

5 comments:

RiNNE said...

Perfect!! Love the sanding/ painting! And that flower/ fabric looks impeccable!! Creative!

sweet said...

Oh wow, good job. You totally incorporated all the elements. That is really creative... cool card!

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a pretty christmas card, love the detailing of it.... Awesome creativity!
Have a super weekend!

Cath said...

Hey Lalo! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lynnda Hosni said...

Oh my Lalo... this is so sweet!!! love it.... hugs...xoxo