Monday, July 27, 2009

My pot of jewels

This is the first Layout I did for SCRAPJACKED. SCRAPJACKED is a monthly challenge blog that inspires you with other peoples work. Like scraplifting. It’s a really cool site check them out.
This month they had a beautiful LO done by Natasja Verbeek. It’s really lovely and the DT did an awesome job too. So here is my take



Cricut: George
Background Pattern paper: Pink Paislee
Cloud & green Pattern paper: HeidiGrace designs
RubOn (orange stitching): KI memories
Ribbons: Wal-Mart “Rainbow”, Green “American Crafts”
Bazzill: Stitching template “on cloud”


Some may remember I had a very short post last month about spicing up candy leis with star tags. I used the fill page button on my cricut with the George cartage “star”. Looking at the 12x12 paper after I pulled off the stars looked kind of cool and gave me this idea. I thought it was perfect for the scrapjacked challenge. And feeling a little crazA that day I stitched around all the stars. Try this with your cricut and other shapes. It looks really cool.

Also on this LO I made a cute little ribbon flower. This was super easy and fast to do.
All you need is
Ribbon (depending on the size of flower you want)
Needle and thread
Scissors
Sticky tape




First, hand sew the bottom of your ribbon. Remember to tie a good knot in the end of the thread. It doesn’t really matter how big your sewing is just stay close to the bottom.


Next gently pull your thread. It should start to gather and turn in. Place your sticky tape on the top side of one of the ends.


When you got the size you want tape the ends together (the top sides of the ribbon should be taped). Tie off your thread and there you go, a cute little ribbon flower.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

WOW Love this layout!! Very creative....love your ribbon sun!
hugs
Brenda