Thursday, July 23, 2009

Merci

I’m pouring out some sugar this week
A spoon full of sugar is an awesome challenge blog that I’m totally inspired by this week. And what was the challenge? Well it was simply “Swirls” and whats sweeter then a cupcake?

My sweet thank you

The inside


Cricut: Storybook, Doodlecharms, Beyond Birthdays
Patytern paper: DCWV
White Specialty paper: Bazzill Bling
Ribbon: chatterbox
Glossy accents: Inkssentials
Gems: wal-mart
Copic markers

I went all out with the swirl even the blue background paper has a little swirl in it. I wanted to add a little to the cupcake itself so used my Copic and the Bazzill bling. I like the way the Copics look on the paper. the shine really comes through. The "Merci" and flame got the same treatment.
To make the flame pop on the candle I added a little Glossy accents SHINY
I had the "Beyond Birthdays" Cricut cart for a long time and never used this "Merci" which means thanks in French. It looks so perfect for the card. This one is certainly for someone very sweet.


2 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

great card, I love the swirls!

Brenda said...

you do the sweetest projects!!! This is so cute!
hugs
Brenda